When you’ve chosen your health plan and employees are beginning to enroll, one of the first tasks you’ll have is to add your members so you can manage them in the Group Portal.
There are a few different ways to get to the Add Member process. You can:
- Select Members from the top menu and choose Add Member
- Select Add New Members at the bottom of the Members column from the Group Portal home page
- Select the yellow Add Members button at the top of the page from the Member Summary page
Any one of those options will send you to an instructions page showing you the four steps needed to add a new member. Select Get Started when you’re ready to begin.
- The first page will include all of the member’s personal information the member’s name, address, social security number, email, and birthday. When finished, select Next.
- The Account Info page is where you’ll add or remove the spending accounts associated with this member. When finished, select Next.
- The information on the third page will depend on which accounts are chosen on the previous page. Possible content for this page could be direct deposit, debit cards, or claims information. If a plan involves automatically enrolling members in a certain feature, you may have the option here of overriding that enrollment. When finished, select Next.
- On the Review page, you’ll have an opportunity to review the member’s information that you’ve entered. You can edit it if you need to make any changes, or if everything is correct, you can select Confirm.
Managing Member Accounts
Once you have members added, you can manage their accounts by selecting Members in the top header and then choosing Member Summary from the drop-down menu.
Here you’ll see a list of your active members. You can also search for them by name, social security number, or employee number. If you need to review your inactive or terminated members, click the Status drop down box and select the type of members you want to view.
When you see the member you want to select, you can click on their name or on Member Details if you want to make changes to their personal information, dependents, direct deposit, or payment information. Or, if you want to manage the spending accounts associated with the member, click on Account Details. Then you can select the account you want to see, and view that account information or terminate the account.