This content in this section provides in introduction to DCAPs and covers the basics of this type of account.
Want a quick overview? Download our FSA (with dependent care) Essential Guide.
Is a DCAP right for you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What dependent care expenses are eligible for reimbursement from the DCAP account?
- you may be reimbursed for dependent care expenses incurred by:
- A tax dependent who is under age 13
- A tax dependent, such as your child, spouse, or parent, who is mentally or physically incapable for caring for themselves
- What types of providers are eligible for the DCAP account?
- Licensed daycare
- Preschool programs
- After-school programs
- In-home child and/or dependent care services
- Specialty day camp expenses
- Elder care
- Are expenses at a school for before and/or after school care eligible under the DCAP account?
- If my child’s 13th birthday is this year, can I claim dependent care expenses from the DCAP account for the entire year?
- No. Only the expenses incurred before your dependent child reaches the age of 13 are eligible for reimbursement unless the dependent qualifies as mentally or physically unable to care for themselves.